Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Definition

Sex worker:

(1) a prostitute

(2) anyone in a sex-related occupation, including a psychiatrist with a specialization in sexual disorders or a cashier in a convenience store that rents adult videos

(3) someone in an occupational category broader than (1) and narrower than (2), the precise specification of which is known only to the person using the term


Examples of (3):

(a) Anyone who acts in an adult video, is a sex worker, but someone who works in distribution of adult videos is not.

(b) Anyone who has, on camera, actual penetrative intercourse involving an actual male member, is a sex worker, but someone who engages, on camera, in Lesbian sex acts, including those that involve penetration, is not.

(c) Anyone who interacts sexually directly with a client, whether or not that interaction includes an actual sex act, and whether the interaction is in person or over some kind of telecommunication network, is a sex worker, but someone who performs sex acts on camera, for distribution as entertainment, is not.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds interesting .

what is ur view on the inflation and the oil price surge

few economies are on the verge of a mini collapse due to run up in oil prices ? (eg: India)

Tue May 20, 10:40:00 PM EDT  
Blogger cj said...

I like to refer to myself as an "erotic massage therapist." I hate the term "sex worker" but will use it when I have to refer to the industry in general. I think the term bugs me because I want to distance myself from prostitutes as much as possible. I also believe that anything short of penetration is not sex.

CJ

Mon May 26, 09:10:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd say it's all very grey. I suppose that for economic classifications we need definitions.

Mon May 26, 09:37:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Otoman said...

Like your blog a lot!
Check out interesting posts at http://youngspeculator.blogspot.com/

Fri May 30, 05:27:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like knzn's blog a lot too.
I checked yours, Otoman, and was intrigued by your bit of wisdom about happiness and success. My dictionary defines success as either "accomplishment of an aim" or "the attainment of wealth, fame, or position". The dictionary defines happiness as "pleasure or contentment". You implicitly define happiness as "loving what you are doing", which sounds about right (i.e., is equivalent to pleasure or contentment), and as long as your aim is to love what you're doing, then you are definitely right, tautological in fact. Loving what you're doing doesn't however guarantee wealth, fame, or position, as we don't all aim for that sort of success, and no matter how much you love your work or efforts, external validation or appreciation is not guaranteed.
Despite my reservations, I am drawn to your bit of wisdom as I agree that process is usually as important as outcomes, and that process can often be viewed as an outcome in its own right.

Sat May 31, 09:15:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home