Tuesday, October 31, 2006

My Favorite YouTube Channel

OK, it’s my blog, and I can talk about whatever I want. This has nothing to do with economics (unless I think of a connection before I finish writing this). Today I’m going to practice embedding video. I haven’t come across any economics videos that are really worth watching (except maybe the occasional joke video like the “Every Breath You Take” parody addressed to Ben Bernanke, but that’s no longer current enough to be funny). So instead I’m going to promote my favorite YouTube channel, which is probably about as far from economics as you can get.

This video is from OhYeahShauna. I didn’t know which of Shauna’s videos to choose, so I picked the one with the highest user ratings. (Shauna also has videos up on ShaunaInWonderland, which she used before she accidentally converted it to a comedian account.) Frankly, Shauna’s videos are among only a few that I’ve seen on YouTube that didn’t seem like a waste of my time. She’s not a professional, and she’s still very young (just out of high school, and apparently not yet aware of the subtle orthographic difference between the adjective “cubical” and the noun “cubicle”), but she seems to have a real knack for video editing, and I like the music she chooses. Oh, and it helps that she’s gorgeous.

She works with certain limitations, such as a small memory card that frequently cuts her off, and sometimes needing to film in the bathroom to get adequate lighting at night. Somehow she seems to turn the limitations to her advantage. (A bit like Picasso’s blue period, perhaps, at least if you believe the rumor that he couldn’t afford a full palette.) One of the scenes from one of her videos seems to indicate that her boyfriend Max is also involved in some of her videos, but it’s not clear whether his involvement is creative or merely technical.



…and after you’ve finished watching all of Shauna’s videos, go rent the DVD of Kurosawa’s Ran.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Gabriel M said...

I bet you have a subscription to SuicideGirls! Maybe you should record your own videos.

As for Economics videos... Mark Thoma has a an entire Monetary Theory seminar on Google Video (linked from his homepage; or search my site). And he's a fellow Keyneshun.

Wed Nov 01, 06:37:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

knzn, it's not on YouTube, but you may have seen the European Central Bank's cute video on inflation and deflation, intended for middle schoolers, I think. I would love for the Fed to do a similar one, and then compare to see if the basic philosophical differences we all suspect between ECB and Fed show up in even the most mundane video.

http://www.ecb.int/ecb/educational/pricestab/html/index.en.html

Hat tip to Mish at Globalmacroeconomicanalysis.blogspot.com or something like that.

Wed Nov 01, 05:49:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

KNZN, I have been wondering where the "and..." part of you blog has gone. So pleased to see it is back.

Wed Nov 01, 07:48:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm Katy,
from Oceania ,
and I'm 16 y.o

Hi, Girl and Boy
I've studied English sinse Spring .
It's very!
I want like to meet girls and practisice My English with them.

Kiss!!

Thu Dec 07, 10:23:00 AM EST  
Blogger SingTonight said...

Wow, interesting. I googled my handle OhYeahShauna, just to see. And came arcoss your Blog. You wrote this a while ago so I dont know if you will see this but... thanks for featuring one of my old videos. Anyway I just wanted to say hi.

Oh and, although my Max is in some of my videos, he dosent edit them or help with creating them.

:D Have a wonderful day,
Shauna

Fri May 18, 04:37:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

酒店喝酒,禮服店,酒店小姐,酒店領檯,便服店,鋼琴酒吧,酒店兼職,酒店兼差,酒店打工,伴唱小姐,暑假打工,酒店上班,酒店兼職,ktv酒店,酒店,酒店公關,酒店兼差,酒店上班,酒店打工,禮服酒店,禮服店,酒店小姐,酒店兼差,暑假打工,酒店經紀,台北酒店,禮服店 ,酒店小姐,酒店經紀,酒店兼差,寒假打工,酒店小姐,台北酒店,禮服店 ,酒店小姐,酒店經紀,酒店兼差,暑假打工,酒店小姐,台北酒店,禮服店 ,酒店小姐,酒店經紀,酒店兼差,寒假打工,台北酒店,禮服店 ,酒店小姐,酒店經紀,酒店兼差,暑假打工,酒店小姐,台北酒店,禮服店 ,酒店小姐,酒店兼差,暑假打工,酒店小姐,台北酒店,禮服店 ,酒店小姐,酒店經紀,酒店兼差,寒假打工,酒店小姐,台北酒店,禮服店 ,酒店小姐,酒店經紀,酒店兼差,暑假打工,酒店小姐,台北酒店,禮服店 ,酒店小姐,酒店經紀,酒店兼差,寒假打工,酒店小姐,台北酒店,禮服店 ,酒店小姐,酒店經紀,酒店兼差,暑假打工,酒店小姐,禮服店 ,酒店小姐,酒店經紀,酒店兼差,寒假打工,酒店小姐,禮服店 ,酒店小姐,酒店經紀,酒店兼差,暑假打工,酒店小姐,禮服店 ,酒店小姐,酒店經紀,酒店兼差,寒假打工,酒店小姐,禮服店 ,酒店小姐,酒店經紀,酒店兼差,暑假打工,酒店小姐,酒店傳播,酒店經紀人,酒店,酒店,酒店,酒店 ,禮服店 , 酒店小姐,酒店經紀,酒店兼差,暑假打工,招待所,酒店小姐,酒店兼差,寒假打工,酒店上班,暑假打工,酒店公關,酒店兼職,禮服店 , 酒店小姐 ,酒店經紀 ,酒店兼差,暑假打工,酒店,酒店,酒店經紀,酒店領檯 ,禮服店 ,酒店小姐 ,酒店經紀 ,酒店兼差,暑假打工, 酒店上班,禮服店 ,酒店小姐 ,酒店經紀 ,酒店兼差,暑假打工, 酒店上班,禮服店 ,酒店小姐 ,酒店經紀 ,酒店兼差,暑假打工, 酒店上班,酒店經紀,酒店經紀,酒店經紀

Tue Apr 21, 06:58:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Nike shox clearance said...

Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts.Any way Ill be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.

Sun Oct 17, 09:55:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Nike shox shoes said...

I put all the feelings, all the secrets of writing the above, and I put my emotions to touch the sensitive nerve of all emotions are written on top

Mon Nov 15, 08:57:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home